California Academy of Sciences
2007 – 2009: San Francisco, California
Museum Exhibits and Administrative Spaces
BBI recently completed the California Academy of Sciences, an aquarium, a rainforest, a planetarium and a science museum under one living roof. BBI was the AV Integrator for the entire project except the Planetarium. Our scope included exhibits, electronic signage systems, interactive exhibits, soundscapes, diver intercoms, labs and auditoriums.
Some highlights of our work are:
- Wild Sanctuary’s five immersive soundscapes in the living rainforest dome.
- Dive Stations, four RFID-based exhibits where visitors can handle real specimens and use them to trigger video and slideshows.
- Science in Action, a wall of high definition video made up of four movable 52″ LCD screens.
- Imagers, four tables with projected video that react as visitors wave their hands above them, uncovering more information.
- A network of over 100 digital fish ID signs in the Aquarium that the staff can update from a PC
We worked simultaneously under 5 separate contracts with 2 lead design firms, 3 AV consultants, numerous media producers and a very involved client. This speaks to our ability to get along with a project team!
Lure and Bite