Exhibit Design: Thinc Design
Chicago, IL (2009)
This award winning 12 foot beating heart is an exhibit that has it all:
- (5) blended projectors on a shaped perforated surface
- (2) blended projector or rear background surface
- 7th sense full resolution playback
- 6 channel audio soundscape Lub..Dub…. Lub.. Dub….
- A touch screen interface for visitor mode selection and tablet interface for museum staff
- Customized electronics and software both by BBI
The magic (and complexity) comes when you grab the hand grips and the audio and the video changes speed to synchronize with your own heartbeat. Using the touchscreen, visitors can see the electrical system, blood flow, and even watch a cardiac arrest.
Photos © 2009 Chicago Museum of Science and Industry